Ten random facts about Graph Paper
- Graph paper was developed between 1890 and 1910 by math professors trying to improve high school education.
- Tic Tac Toe, and Battleship are both games that can be played with just graph paper and a pencil.
- Graph paper is also known as quadrille paper. It can be purchased as either loose leaf or bound.
- Standard graph paper is a Cartesian grid, with the X and Y axis expanding out from the origin equally.
- There are other forms of graph paper used for specialty purposes ranging from electronics to accounting.
- In art and painting classes graph paper is used as a tool to develop Spatial Awareness and can be perfect for kids crafts.
- Graph paper and colored pencils are commonly used to develop needlepoint and cross stich designs. It is also used for quilting design to convey Quilting Tips and patterns.
- Grid Paper is just another name for graph paper. Some variations are dot paper and hexagonal grid paper.
- Graph paper is used to develop maps for all kinds of games. They range from games played without a computer like dungeons and dragons, to online games.
Sketch-it eliminates the need for graph paper. The textured surface guides your pen or pencil allowing you to draw perfectly without rulers or graph paper. Rotate your paper on the Sketch-it clipboard and draw angles with ease with the built-in protractor.